The Northeast Roundtable (Roundtable) is a communication and engagement forum, led by the Provincial Government, to provide updates and receive input on regional and provincial land and resource initiatives in Northeast BC.
The Roundtable strives to achieve the following objectives:
- Promote strong communication and positive relations with First Nations, local government, industry, and stakeholders.
- Acknowledge that First Nations participate in the Roundtable as part of a shared interest in collaboration. First Nations are Rights holders and are not considered as “stakeholders” in this process.
- Provide an engagement process that First Nations, local government, industry, and stakeholders understand, trust, and support.
- Minimize negative impacts from land use decisions to the greatest extent possible.
- Ensure there is a shared understanding of the engagement process.
- Support efficient and effective engagement across a wide range of land use initiatives.